The following may apply for membership of the Institute of Biology of Ireland:
- Full Members (entitled to use the qualification M.I. Biol.I): Full members must have (a) 1st or 2nd Class Honours degree in a biological subject and have at least 3 years experience in biological work or (b) those who have a 3rd Class or Pass Degree in a biological subject and who have had at least 5 years experience in biological work or (c) holders of a Ph.D. Degree in a biological subject or (d) members of the Institute of Biology (UK).
- Graduate Membership: Persons who have a degree in a biological subject and who are ineligible for Full Membership.
- Associate Membership: Persons who have a recognised qualification in a biological subject and do not satisfy the requirements for a Full or Graduate Membership.
- Student Membership: Students over 16 years old, who are taking an approved course in biology under conditions satisfactory to the Council.
- Corporate Membership: Companies or Organisations who have a bona-fide link with Biology. Membership benefits include:
All members receive copies of the I.B.I. Newsletter!
- Gain exclusive online access to discussion and information forums on a wide range of topics general and specific to your needs
- Exclusive ability to contact other institute members on a 1 to 1 basis through online interactive forums.
- Exclusive access to expert panels and regular newsletters
- Additional benefits coming soon!